Our fieldwork is carried out in 5 blocks,varying in size from 150-250 villages. Each block office is over seen by a development officer who manages a team of 10-15 people. The monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team is led by Nagarajan.
The responsibilities of the team include:
• Co-ordinating monthly and quarterly monitoring meetings where each block compares “budget against actual” financial performance.
• Ensuring reporting contains timely and relevant data on programme delivery,
implementation and outcomes achieved
• Working with project staff, and in consultation with the community, to agree key indicators for monitoring and evaluation of outcomes.
• Developing processes and guidelines for outcome monitoring and reporting to
include collection of baseline data, quantitative and qualitative data collection
• Continuous training for block office staff in M & E requirements for programme delivery and outcomes.
• Analysing monthly and quarterly reports and producing collated summary progress reports twice yearly.
Carrying out annual evaluation of all programme activities in each block, to be reported in annual