What happens when you're poor, marginalised and unable to earn a living? Thousands of people face this problem every day and are left to cope alone. Social Change and Development run support and rehabilitation programmes in the villages of Tamil Nadu for society's forgotten groups like the orphan elders and disabled children.
This video explains how SCAD's programmes work so you can see who we can help with your donations.
Reaching the unreached - caring for the forgotten groups in society
We've built up a formula for successful community empowerment over the past 25 years which we wish to share with others. If you’re looking to expand your experience and international horizons, then our one month and three month tailored work placements are for you.
- working with children with disabilities
- assisting in our veterinary care camps
- caring for our abandoned and destitute elderly in the community
- teaching the next generation
- working a range of energy and conservation projects
You can now download and read our pre-departure pack which...